So let's get this straight:
Three lawsuits have been filed against the head of the Housing Authority. Some 30 staffers have complained about Alvarez to senior mayoral staffers. The HA even hired former City Attorney Louise Renne to investigate problems with Alvarez.
And Mayor Lee says he wasn't aware of the problems?
This is the kind of thing that used to happen under Willie Brown -- the mayor would hire cronies for top dollar, and defend them and brush aside charges of misbehavior. And I hate to see the same style happening under Lee.
Clearly, the two are pals, and I understand the urge to stand by your friends in public life, and at this point, we just have allegations -- maybe none of it is true, and maybe Renne will find that everything is just grand over at the Housing Authority. But the mayor ought to at least express concern.
And if this was all really happening without his knowledge, then his staff isn't doing a very good job of keeping him informed.
Either way, not a good scene in Room 200.
Most Commented On
- I didn't think it was - June 19, 2013
- Dem bitches don't do kulcher, methinks. - June 19, 2013
- New Order was always such a - June 19, 2013
- Jody, I suspect you can afford to lose five minutes of your time - June 19, 2013
- I don't see it so much as a chasm or gulf - June 19, 2013
- Whatever. . .we should know whose endorsements they are - June 19, 2013
- There is a vast gulf between - June 19, 2013
- Cleopatra - June 19, 2013
- whether or not you think i - June 19, 2013
- Well, I quoted what you said. - June 19, 2013